Saturday 18 April 2020

Friday Night Sew In!

I was able to join in with the fun again last night for the Friday Night Sew In (FNSI) 
I had fun, still playing with Batik scraps and off cuts.
 Lots of fun
 I made about 10 blocks.
 And added each one to the growing pile.
Then I decided to join Tony in the sitting room for some TV time. I've finished knitting the pieces for my sweater, but still need to sew it up. I wanted something mindless while we watched TV, so I picked up my crochet, and made little woolly squares. I'll show those another time.
 I came back into my wee room this morning to make more batik beauties.
 And look what I found.....
I think curiosity got the better of a certain furry member of this household.
Or maybe it was just downright nosiness!
She does like to inspect everything very closely.
Even though I'm being picky about the pieces of fabric I use for each stripe, trying to not have too much over hang, I'm still amazed at how much is going into the bin. I almost started sorting while I was putting this lot back into the bin. I wonder if I should save some of the bigger pieces? What could....?
Not going there!!
The weather is grey and damp again here, just right for staying indoors and sewing.
So that is what I plan to do.
But first I'm linking up with Wendy at Sugarlane Desings for the FNSI.
Did you join in?
Go along and see who else was enjoying the sew in. 
*
And finally...
All that inspecting of the bin must have worn her out!


9 comments:

Maria said...

Your Batik strips are growing nicely..Definately don't go there in that bin.....

Fiona said...

haha, I am just the same with trimmings and going in to the bin.... sometimes we just have to 'let it go'.... I am watching your strip blocks growing... and struggling not to go rummidging in mine!!!

Hugz

Karen's Korner said...

Your batiks blocks are looking good. Your scrap bin looks a bit like mine - I am throwing anything out less than 2 1/2" square. When I look at some of the pieces that have been kept over the years I really do wonder what I was thinking.

Lin said...

Your batik blocks are lovely - cant wait to see them all laid out. xx

retdairyqueen said...

Love the colour scheme of your batiks

Karen S said...

These blocks continue to look good.
Make the most of being inside with that nasty weather.

Janice said...

A very productive evening. Curiosity and cats. What is it?

Kate said...

You had a successful FNSI, very bright and fun blocks. I guess we don't need a cat, I seem to do pretty well and knocking over scrap filled trash cans on my own.

Susan said...

Love the batik strip blocks - its hard sometimes to decide if a piece is worth keeping = I have a friend who uses scraps so these days if I cant get a 2.5" square - it goes to her....then I don't feel I'm wasting it.