Saturday 20 December 2008

Oh Christmas Tree.

I thought I had taken a picture in the evening showing the lights, but no. I'll have to torment you with that another day.
I told you I like bells right? I have about a dozen bells on the tree,
Two different kinds, but all of them work and make a noise when someone meddles with the tree. LOL
Many of these ornaments I've had for years and others are newer. I tend to do a colour co-ordinated tree, usually in red and gold. I have some Victorian style decorations, the fan shape is a piece of sheet music and has a ribbon and fiddle tied at the bottom. The little furry creature just visible at the bottom of the picture was a gift from my Aussie pen pal, I've had him and another similar one for about 15 years.

It looks kind of bare here in the sunlight, but I assure you it's not. And of course now you can barely see the tree skirt as it is buried in gifts. I'll try to get a recent evening pic in the next couple of days. Maybe I'll also look at getting some more close ups of the ornaments, many are hand made and I have some beautiful glass pieces, hmm, how do I photograph those?
I also have a smaller collection of white, silver and blue ornaments, I'd love to do two trees, one in the dining/living room and one in the sitting room. I'll work on that for next year I think. It's been a while since I did a blue and silver tree, it would be nice to do it again, but there is just not really enough to cover my 5 foot tree. I always use a 'fake' tree, I love the smell of a real tree, but hate the thought of all those millions of trees being cut down every year and then just thrown away. I know some people buy a tree planted in a bucket, I've tried that but they always died. I'll stick to my fake one.
Gratitude's
1) All the prezzies are wrapped and under the tree.
2) A beautiful card from Hunney
3) I slept in til 9am!!

3 comments:

Abby and Stephanie said...

Your tree is just beautiful. Happiest of Holidays to you.

Unknown said...

I like bells too, love the red ornament in the upper left of the photo.

Ali Honey said...

That's a lovely tree with lots of treasures - just the way it should be.
"Season's Greetings to all your family." ( the Kiwi kind )